Beiträge von Donne

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.

Totally agree with what you say. It's definitely a bit destructive that players who have only been there for 5 minutes figures in graphs and economy lists, etc.
    As far as I'm aware I don't think there is a command that removes a user and all their clutter, but I might be wrong.

My new thing is that I have joined a whitelisted server, to see if that will be better.

I do plan on making my own server when 9.0 comes out. First with some friends, but maybe eventually opened up to the public. Maybe by whitelist.

Just saw the changelog for the Eco 9 announcement. It looks awesome =)

Can't say much about servers and serious Eco players, as I'm very new to the community. The few servers I have played on did seems a bit .. meh.. though. One had admin be first world leader and forced laws through by admin command. Another was just too populated and pretty much destroyed at day 4 :P

I'm planning on having a server for me and my friends on v9.0. Not sure I will open it up to the general public, though.

Hello.

I think this game looks great. It looks fun and interesting. But since servers are needed, I do not understand why a Linux server hasn't been provided. I always make servers for my friends, but my entire server arsenal are filled with Linux servers. I have yet to meet a game that doesn't provide a Linux server.

I asked back when the game was pretty much just released, and was told that the codebase would be switching to .NET core, which would enable it to run on Linux. Seems this hasn't happened.

Are there any plans on making a Linux server any time soon? I need to know whether I should keep following this game or just write it out of my books.

And for everyone thinking of suggesting running it using Wine and Mono: Please don't. I have already read every single forum thread about the subject, and it looks like it's a standard Wine/mono experience: Bad, slow and only barely working.