Beiträge von GrimHumor

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.

My wish is for Pixelmon to come to eco.

If you’ve played Minecraft, you might have heard about Pixelmon or Pixelmon reforged. It’s said that the best Pokémon game I ever played wasn’t even made by Nintendo, but by fans.

I know this is a tall order, this not just adjusting or adding a few lines of code or a new texture. In fact, I’m not sure if it’s even possible. But every time I’m in Eco, I just can’t help but to expect to see a Charmander toddling through a forest or a Pidgey landing on my roof or a Muk spawning in some heavily polluted area. Some things make me think that implementing a pixelmon-like mod might be easier in Eco than it was in Minecraft, with the biomes and structure of the world etc. Perhaps there’s even way to extract the models from the pixelmon mod and port them over (I have no idea, just thinking out loud).

Another thing, was that pixelmon’s models are little too smooth for Minecraft, where everything is extremely blocky, they seem to fit more with Eco’s aesthetic than with Minecraft these days. Unfortunately, I lack the knowledge or skills required to even start a project like this, but I hope that some modeler/coder who shares this desire, might see this and give it a shot. Or maybe there’s enough other players who also share this wish, that we could contact the pixelmon discord for help? It would definitely make for an interesting server mod and something besides the normal objectives on servers.