Beiträge von Pam

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.

The world edit commands are admin only I am guessing? Is there a way to make some or all of them available to the player without making everyone an admin?

The stockpiles and the storage containers are a huge boom to a server to offset the stockpile lag and we have a high demand for those mods because of it except for the fact that they store tailings without the tailings leaking which ends up really putting what my server community feels is an exploit into the game, since in real life, unless lead lined sealed containers they would leak. They aren't looking for a why to easily dispose of tailings but as way to have large containers to deal with the lag inherent with nested stockpiles and trying to keep that from being an issue.

Having multiple crashes with this mod. only other mods are your other mods and the asphalt MDK so not sure what it could possible be conflicting with

--BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    07/26/2018 10:01:26

Exception
    Exception: ArgumentException
    Message:An element with the same key but a different value already exists. Key: Eco.Mods.TechTree.JDStorageChestObject
    Source:System.Collections.Immutable

System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key but a different value already exists. Key: Eco.Mods.TechTree.JDStorageChestObject
    at System.Collections.Immutable.ImmutableDictionary`2.HashBucket.Add(TKey key, TValue value, IEqualityComparer`1 keyOnlyComparer, IEqualityComparer`1 valueComparer, KeyCollisionBehavior behavior, OperationResult& result)
    at System.Collections.Immutable.ImmutableDictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value, KeyCollisionBehavior behavior, MutationInput origin)
    at System.Collections.Immutable.ImmutableDictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
    at Eco.Core.Utils.ImmutableHelper.ApplyImmutable[T](T& original, Func`2 apply)
    at Eco.Mods.TechTree.JDStorageChestObject.Initialize()
    at Eco.Gameplay.Objects.WorldObject.BeginInitialize()
    at Eco.Gameplay.Objects.WorldObjectManager.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<Eco.Core.Plugins.Interfaces.IInitializablePlugin.Initialize>b__0(KeyValuePair`2 pair)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass42_0`2.<PartitionerForEachWorker>b__1()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object )

--END DUMP--

Actually Kronos, I support modders using dll's and when I asked a modder to write a mod specifically for the hosted service to bring server UI options to the hosted server I suggested dll's as a better way to handle thrive code. for many reason. I have no problem with dlls other than I do not allow them to be uploaded via FTP. That is why we offer almost every mod available through the mod managers so users have access to the modders of their choice. Our mod managers is not much different from mod.io which we also support so users can install mods that way. FTP is always a risk for a hoster and some do not even offer it. Its is not that we 'don't handle security well' but often due to how many games are set up as servers, this includes Eco, we have to have security holes in the system to allow the game server to connect and run correctly - this means we have to do other things to protect the users and not allowing the upload of dll's is one of them. The other issue is allowing an unknown .exe to run through the mod manager. Although it is said that nothing else is touched and only the mod is installed the security of the mod manager which does not allow anything but vanilla files to be touched calls errors and is reporting a whole number of files that it is trying to change that its not permitted to as they are not vanilla files touching and or is asking for files that are not there (from other mods not installed) other than just installing its own files and updating some vanilla files. A hoster has the responsibility to not only the client trying to install a mod but to everyone on that same system. A dll that we are unfamiliar with uploaded by FTP could be crafted to do any numbers of things as well as grant access to other servers etc. Our services has supported modders for many years for many games and more often than not we give modders and group of modders free servers for testing and modding on so we do a lot to make support of what they do available and much of what we have learned about security and keeping users safe has come from modders themselves which over the years have accidentally found ways that we could be breached, so our security rules and efforts for the most part have come from modders themselves.

tig3rmast3r

As for instructions on how to extract the game files from the installer, where was that given?

Your present a mod with an installer and in interface for that installer to modifier things chosen by the person installing the mod. In the post it was relatively easy to offer the mod as we could force the mod manager to install the mods that needed to be there to be overwritten by your mod prior to installing your mod. The problem is that a hosted server cannot run that installer and provide access to those choices the installer offers and there are no instructions on how a player can install the mod via uploading the .cs files they want to use or not use and/or configure the mod to turn these things on or off. My company has worked with modders for years on many games and supported them in many ways including offering modders free servers and have worked with many of them to make tehir mod comparable with commercial servers so the mod could be available on commercial servers.. I have never run into a modder that did not want to make their mod available to those that rent commercial servers. I have only twice sine we went into business many years ago had to say no to carrying a mod, the other time was due to the fact that it was as security issue which allowed players to gain admin access to the server and in that case the modder corrected the issue so it could be carried. this was an issue that came up with this mods from many hosts and I was asked to contact you since we work so often with modders to make this easy on users on many different hosts. This is the first time I find that I have to report back to them that the modder is not interested in getting the mod to work with a hosted service.

You can but you can't upload it if there are .dlls in your mod folder as dll's are a security risk and cannot be installed by a user. That is why mods are installed through the mod manager service so the host can approve the dll's and the host is essentially installing teh mod through the game panel not the user so that the host knows whats in the dll's that go in. the security risk is that if we allowed some types of fils, like dll's to be ftp'ed to a server the server could be turned into a 'DDos' machine and other security issues. Many people have mods other than AEMod installed and when the user "Downloads the Mod folder" and then runs the installer and then tries to upload the Mods folder it fails and is blocked if there is a dll in that folder. We had offered AEMod to be installed through the game panel for our users but can no longer offer it because of the installer. Many users have tried his instructions, which are very time consuming and very difficult for many server owners who never use FTP and after they get an FTP program set up and download the Mod folder and run the installer they are then greeted with a failure to upload that folder due to the fact that there Mods folder has dll's in it. We were able to run AEMod up until now by having the game panel mod manager do what the installer does in making sure other mods were installed first and so on, at least with those mods that the creators of those mods would allow us to allow AEMod to edit - some do not want that to be done to tehir mod. Now its not a mod that can be used on a hosted server as the mod manager will not run an installer, again for security reasons and because it maybe changing mods that belong to another creator who has asked that there mod not be changed.

Is there anyway to install this Mod without the installer? I own a server hosting company and many users have been using your mod but have no way to run an installer through the mod manager to install this mod. The problem with a hosted server is you cannot just download, run the installer and upload as many of the files are blocked by our security settings and can't be uploaded via FTP so that is not an answer fro those using rented servers. Many mods now use .dlls and some other files that are blocked by FTP to a rented server so its not as simple as you make it sound as they will be unable to re-upload most of the Mods/ folder

Really sad to see this come about although it was going to happen sooner or later as there it would be impossible I guess for people to have a game that they did not shoot at each other in. And given the educational nature of the game and it meant for school classrooms the timing was sad.