- Make it possible to define an input and output stockpile for production. Alternative: Define input filters for stockpiles
- A search function for items would be nice
- Endgame: Conveyor belts to connect stockpiles/machines which are out of range
You can already do that by having the output stockpile be the first one in the stockpile order and the input stockpile where you put stuff in the second in the order. A search function is part of 9.0 afaik. Conveyor Belts are part of thoughts for automation we have, but automation itself is not necessarily planned before end of EA.
The current system is very confusing and nobody on my server was able to define simple laws like no harvesting trees in a certain area. The tool looks very mighty, but is not easy to use. Maybe you should use better terms and some examples.
This should change with the reworked system in 9.0. It still will work similar to a scripting language and that is totally intended.
- With the iron shovel you should be able to carry more than 1 dirt/clay/... You can carry 20 dirt at once when you take it out of the stockpile, but while harvesting you can only carry one. Digging for clay takes too much time compared to mining.
- It takes also too much time to dig one block deep for building streets with the current system.
This is intended. We do have some better area of effect tools in 9.0, though. The speed of the animation could indeed go a bit faster, i noted that.
The current format is a bit confusing. Standard format is X,Y,Z and not X,Z,Y. The Z coordinate should also be 0 at sealevel. This would be more intuitive.
This is intended and - at least for me - not unintuitive. It's the global coordinate standard in IT. We don't plan to change this.
It would be helpful to be able to build floors, roofs, walls, streets by choosing the size. E.g. 10x10, 5x3
The better tools in 9.0 allow to build several blocks at once in different shapes.
I would add the option for a transportation lore for midgame. This would require something like a road element with rails.
Thinking about that.
- Building in a 45 degree angle looks weird. Maybe you could add some elements to smooth the block pattern
Nothing planned for that atm. Technically it's recommended to not build such angles simply due to how claiming works. I know that's dull for some, so maybe we'll come up with something in the future.
- We miss something like a horse drawn carriage for mid game
Is an option for when animal husbandry comes to the game.
- On low populated servers some more automatation would be nice. Maybe a horse drawn carriage could travel along a predefined path (only on roads) and transport goods from A to B
Automation is something we might introduce near the end of EA. For now we have the opposite goal and making the game more focused on actual work by the players, cutting back a bit in the automation we already have.
- No one on my server liked the idea that the game officially is over after 30 days. You put so many hours in building and grinding. We know it is possible to continue to play after the 30 days. But maybe it would be a good idea to add more longterm endgame goals. I'm sure there will be servers running for years without any reset. There should be more than the current main goal to shoot down the asteroid in 30 days.
Eco, just like minecraft, has no definitive goal. There is no "officially over", it just depends on your players and creativity. Of course we're aware there is not much to do for most players without creative ambitions, but that's normal in Early Access.