We're giving away a server!

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.
  • If you want to host an Eco server without having to pay any monthly fees, then keep on reading.

We from Eco Mods decided to give out a server for you to host your Eco server on.
    You might be asking why we're doing this and the answer is simple, we just have plenty of computing power left on our dedicated server. ;)

Server specifications

• 4x 3.20GHz (i7 3930K)
    • 8GB RAM (we will add more if needed)
    • 1000 MBit/s - Unlimited Bandwith
    • Hosted by Hetzner in Germany

Requirements

• Only Eco! (No other gameservers)
    • Public server

How to participate in this Giveaway

• Register on Eco Mods
    • Post a reply why you would like to get the server

That's all you've to do to enter the giveaway. The giveaway will end on 2nd February 2018 at 10PM (GMT).
    Winner will be announced in here and gets the connection details via. private message.
    Any other details will be discussed via pm. If you got any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Looh

• Hello,

I admin a server, however the owner has stopped playing. My biggest fear for my fellow citizens is that one day the owner will decide to stop paying for the server and we would have to either find another server and/or the group would break apart. I currently can't afford to rent a server, but with this opportunity we could take steps to prevent my fears from happening.

• Help me Eco team, your my only hope, (Star Wars Fan)

___My name is Stephen, 35 years old, medically retired from military due to an injury sustained from an explosion in Afghanistan. I understand hosting a server is similar to an advertisement billboard for the game. If a player locates a server that is fair and solid, they will invite their friends who invites their friends and so on. At one time myself and one other split the cost and rented a server box and hosted servers for games such as 7 days to die, Empyrion and rotated a few others in/out. We was managing 5+ admins at a time while trying to stay up to date with the constant updates rolling out, multiple alpha games at one time is not a vacation by any means. Our main 7 days server was a pvp server and had a constant pop of 20+ while hitting 40+ on weekends and for some reason...Mondays of all days.
    ___What brought us crashing down was 2 of our head admins was roommates. I let the team know I was taking the family on vacation and sadly the other owner had exams. Servers was 1 patch behind for a day a few times and after server wipes we and the community found out our head admins had been playing 2 accounts and helping their friends. This created a toxic environment and our core players started jumping ship, I did not blame them, but without that core pop we faded to hardly nothing and agree'ed to give the players a month notice and shut down the box.
    ___Ok, with the about me portion done, I do apologize for the length but felt it is important and relevant, let me expand on why I would like a free server. My steam account has a 12 year badge and I have seen EA (early access) games succeed and fail. What Eco offers is a smooth minecraft feel but with depth. Your not fighting zombies but in a way fighting each other to keep a balance with mother nature and technology. Offers the chance to have large communities of new friends....and maybe a few enemies. A large portion of games that have failed are the ones who released their game to EA on steam, but was not quite ready. This caused their rating to show as negative which scared some players off. Buying into an EA is the same as buying stock, its risky, its an investment. This game has the potential to go big and I would like to be a part of that beyond just a player.

Thank you for your time and your consideration,
    Stephen

• Hello Eco!

I just found the game and it looks interesting. I am a new streamer with a focus on a variety of sandbox games, and my viewers love to show off their creations and interact in games with me on stream. I think it would be cool, to document the progress and grow a community before the game is released, while working with viewers to get feedback and help contribute to the games development.

Please consider me when deciding on the winner and kudo’s and thank you for a cool give away.

• Howdy!

I'd be more than happy to take the server off your hands ;)

Why i would like this? well.....
    Currently I'm renting a server, a server that has had a whopping Zero people on it ... oh and that's not just the current player base, that EVER!

I should probably explain why that is though, right? yeah OK..... So the people I'm renting from... I'm not gonna name and shame them but lets just call them Bob from the ServerCompany. Anyway Bob had no luck getting it up and running, Bob gave it over to the "senior" engineer Dave. But Dave cant figure it out either, I'm sure Dave then asked other colleagues and gave it ha healthy dose of googling, but he still could not get it going. So like many IT professionals he handed off the ticket to some mug to struggle withwhile its time limit expires, so back to Bob it goes.
    A
    nd did you know its against businesses like ServerCompanys terms of use to give some random person on the internet enough control to resolve the issues themselvs. That is unless they are paying a premium for self managed VPS... I guess they say that because all that control could cause the end of the world. We are not talking much, just FTP and a terminal access connection with a basic account Permissions... But alas I digress.

So poor old Bob has been having no luck what so ever. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a head sized dent in the wall by his desk from constant bashing. However, so far Bob has managed to get my server listed "Yay:D!" Poor Bob was so happy to tell me that he had it working because he could now see the web page with the world info. That happiness was short lived, because when i checked myself it turned out hes now got it running one of the obscure Beta Staging version that has no matching client version available. Well Done Bob!....but........
    Meanwhile ServerCompany went ahead and charged me another month of rent, for a server, that not a soul can play on.

Now I'm off to go tell poor old Bob That he failed, again, i hope he takes it well...... Or ..... You can give me the server I can tell Bob not to worry, all is good in the world.

Help me save Bob.

TL : DR
    Current Host cant even get it running. & Bob tried so hard.

Now i have some Questions:
    How long do we get the free server for?

Can we run 2 instances of Eco on it?
    And thirdly to the other contestants, in the interest of building a good larger community, Would anyone else want to Join me in being an admin to ensure the constant and smooth operation of the server?

ts.SlightlyHarmless.com

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Rardo (1. Februar 2018 um 21:58)

• Now i have some Questions:
    How long do we get the free server for?

Can we run 2 instances of Eco on it?
    And thirdly to the other contestants, in the interest of building a good larger community, Would anyone else want to Join me in being an admin to ensure the constant and smooth operation of the server?

Hello Rardo,

1. We will sponsor the server for a minimum of three months. If there is an active player base we will continue the sponsorship for an additional three months.
    2. Since you'll be getting a Windows Server you can create more than just one instance of Eco. :)

Regards,
    Looh

• Dear Team,

Im only a late dev tier supporter, however i have been enjoying your game immensely for the last couple of days.
    I would love to have a server available to show all of my friends how awesome this game is.
    I would also like the server to be a place where i can run my own mods (once they're tested) to show the community how much is possible with the modkit included in the game.

Thanks for the opportunity,
    Jasper

• Hello EcoMods Team!

I am Mrogers6t, the owner of Big Little Community, which is the number 1 Eco server right now.

First, I would like to tell you about BLC. We have worked diligently to grow our community and provide a top of the line Eco experience for every player on the server. We provide a modded experience while still maintaining a vanilla feeling. We have grown into a strong and helpful community. A lot of our members were new players to the game when they first join the server, and our community members have trained them to become top of the line Eco players. We are hoping to stay on top as we push forward into Beta, and we would like EcoMods to join us in this push.

As you all know, Eco starts off very grindy, but as the game advances, there becomes a point where it is not necessary to be in game 24/7. I would like a second Eco server to do something outside of the box. I want to create a building server, where everyone can come and build at will, whatever they want. I would also like to run it as an event server. Players can actively participate in games and special occasions in-game. This, from my experience, has never been done before on an Eco server, and I think it would be really neat to see how well it does. This could lead to potential mods and different gameplays like many other sandbox games have. With an active community already in place, and a positive future for growth, I think this would be a great opportunity for both EcoMods and Big Little Community.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you for running this contest. I truly believe that good people and companies like yourself will keep this game thriving for a long time.

Thanks!

Mrogers6t

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!