Is there a Game-modding guide?

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.
  • Hi, I really want to try my hand at modding. I kinda want to add all the modern day European Micro-states to Medieval: Total War II... Just for a laugh :) All hail the mighty and powerful Kingdom of... Liechtenstein!!!
    So is there a good Interweb guide to help me on my way to modding? If so then can someone please give me a link.

• Hello @azeemali452325 , Modding in this game is done with C# and Unity. Unity is a free game development software that you can download. Unity has its own API and references here: Unity 3d Scripting Reference. Now if your wanting to mod Eco you need to download the 2018.3.9f1 or earlier version because Unity 3d removed some of the required networking scripts in the 2019 version. Also you will need to get the Eco Mod Kit off of GitHub to start. There is a Eco Mod Kit User Guide which explains the basics to help you get started but If you have any questions or get stuck ill try to help the best i can.

• Sorry for necro-posting in here but felt it more beneficial than to create a new one since my question is the same/similar.

I've seen and read the EcoModKit Wiki but I'm still very lost on how to actually properly get started, I'm very much a beginner in every regard when it comes to this so I know pretty much nothing when it comes to both coding and all. So the current tutorials on how to get started weren't very helpful to me :/

• I've seen and read the EcoModKit Wiki but I'm still very lost on how to actually properly get started, I'm very much a beginner in every regard when it comes to this so I know pretty much nothing when it comes to both coding and all. So the current tutorials on how to get started weren't very helpful to me :/

Well, when i started modding i was like you and used only that manual. Just try to make Ceiling light tutorial step by step its pretty clear and detailed

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!