Detect Key pressed

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.
  • No I already try that, you can only get key pressed on the server window not client side.
    We need to be able to add client side script for that

I spend a lot of time looking for the solution, there was an idea to catch Shift button by getting movespeed, but they only way i found was:
    [ICODE]User.MovementSpeed[/ICODE] and it seems to be a constant.

May be some 1 knows how to get effective movement speed of the player?

• I'm not even sure if the server know the speed of the player. The player just send the position where it is when it move
    Edit: Maybe you can do something with Player.velocity

Already tried it, its just a vector. Seems like it shows difference in movespeed but only when moving, and its always 0 when you are standing.
    I believe server should know about player moving, there is a method [ICODE]OnMove[/ICODE]

• Perhaps what you can do is store the player's position and on next tick get the new positions and calculate the distance moved and calculate the speed by dividing that by time?

It should be fairly easy to do it this way, although it's not the ideal way, you can achieve what you need by this method.

• Perhaps what you can do is store the player's position and on next tick get the new positions and calculate the distance moved and calculate the speed by dividing that by time?

It should be fairly easy to do it this way, although it's not the ideal way, you can achieve what you need by this method.

Detecting player's speed while moving it's not the goal. The goal is to detect key pressed when you interacting with smth, its useless when you are moving

• Detecting player's speed while moving it's not the goal. The goal is to detect key pressed when you interacting with smth, its useless when you are moving

Sorry I was replying to your post #5 and I was offering you a solution to that.

For #1 as kirthos said, it's not possible yet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!