Extra start stars

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.
  • I wouldn't say that it is a bug. After first load the config is written with the value of 1. And you'll find a subdirectory named users whre your userid is saved. Next time you login you don't get additional stars. If you delete the file you'll get the value of stars of the config file.
    @mampf:
    Maybe it's a good idea to rollout a config with the value 1 and the user can change that value. But I've no problem with the mod so far.

• I wouldn't say that it is a bug. After first load the config is written with the value of 1. And you'll find a subdirectory named users whre your userid is saved. Next time you login you don't get additional stars. If you delete the file you'll get the value of stars of the config file.
    @mampf:
    Maybe it's a good idea to rollout a config with the value 1 and the user can change that value. But I've no problem with the mod so far.

that would mean i have to delete it for every new player that will join?

• No, if you changed the config then every new User will get the quantity of stars. All other (you too) get no additonal stars except you delete the user config. So, if you are the only user at this time then write down that name. If you want additional stars then delete your file and you'll get it every time. But be careful because for every star you need points for the next level. And if you give more stars it takes more time.

• I'm a little bit confused ;)

But if you know how it's working that's fine :P - Maybe you know it better than me ;)

My idea how it should work:

The mod adds the amount of stars from the config file to a player on the first join after the mod is installed.
    This happens exactly only one time (except you delete the stored files from the mod folder).
    If you set 1 in the config file you get 2 stars, because you got 1 eco default star and 1 additional.

If you modify the value in the config after the star was added to the player, nothing will change to the players, who already got anything.

• i have the asphalt kit, i have also installed other mods dependent on asphalt. but for some reason its not giving stars. i put the extrastartbars folder in the mod folder of the server, i rally want this to work, it seems temperamental one time i got 3 stars, and 3 times none. and only a few times i got 1

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von CaptainCaveman (4. April 2020 um 08:46)

• @CaptainCaveman Sorry, it's really difficult to solve your problem. Ok, then from the begining. I have a folder named "ExtraStartStars" in mods wherein the ExtraStartStars.dll is placed. Second is the config.json. I think you has one from a server start. Inside there is the entry

JSON
    {
        "SpecialityPoints":5
    }

with the digit you want to give once. If there is a directory users then delete it for a test.
    After all restart the server and try once more.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Omron360 (5. April 2020 um 15:31)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!