NidToolbox: Server News module

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.
  • nid added a new file:

nid
    17. Dezember 2023 um 12:57
  • Hello i have this error.I use last version all modules.Server 0.9.3.4

• Hello i have this error.I use last version all modules.Server 0.9.3.4

Code
    [09:56:37.518] [72] [Debug] [Eco] Nat introduction received with token = fab1cfd1-5a75-4327-9194-7f3c5eae36ab
    [09:56:37.583] [72] [Debug] [Eco] Nat punch received from 192.168.0.175:63330 with token = fab1cfd1-5a75-4327-9194-7f3c5eae36ab
    [09:58:02.744] [7] [Error] [Eco] System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    at Eco.Gameplay.Systems.Chat.ChatCommandService.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<InvokeCommand>b__1()
    at Eco.Core.Utils.Async.TaskUtils.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<RunWithExceptionLog>b__0()
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Eco.Nid.News.NewsCommands.NewsShow(User user)

Hello, thanks for the report, I think this has been solved in the help section of my Discord, if you are still having problems, please feel free to ping me here or on Discord.

The porblem was related to a missing comma in the .json config file. Person has edited the file manually and forgot to format it properly.

All errors are usually reported in my log and can be accessed there:

Code
    [2021-05-22 03:19:00.528][Error] There was an error loading data from your config files: ServerNews.json 
    [2021-05-22 03:19:00.546][Error] Error message:  After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'WindowTitle', line 4, position 4. 

After fixing it in the file, the problem goes away.

• nid added a new version:

nid
    24. August 2021 um 13:37
    Zitat

Version 1.1

• Migrated project to Net5.
    • Compatibility patch with Eco version 9.4
    • Implemented DisplayDelay option in settings. Default 30 seconds. This is to ensure that news popup does not overwrite MOTD info when used in conjunction.

nid
    28. Juni 2023 um 19:05
    Zitat

Fixes a bug with notifications and messages being shown by various modules, where some of them would be ignored.

Migrated all remaining on login events and notifications to the new system.

Thanks for reporting the bug @Enel

nid
    17. Dezember 2023 um 12:57

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!