nid added a new file:
for NidToolbox Light
requries nid-core module available here
NEW - if you would like to have your server logo appear in the notifications area in messages that come from NidToolbox. Please join my Discord https://discord.nidaren.net/ and post them in
Create displayable Server News, containing most recent updates to your server.
Support is provided as well as suggestions are accepted on my Discord here
Server News module allows:
- This simple module allows server admins to list recent Server News on date-by-date basis.
- News can be then displayed by the players in a pop-up window in game via a command.
- It is possible to set the module to display the news automatically on login, and with set delay. For instant display, set delay to 1.
- Module can be reloaded at any time, without the need of a server restart. Both message and configs are then loaded from the files.
- Module is fully customizable, indcluding colors, formatting and font size.
- Title of the window can be set as well, it accepts all currently available in game colors and formatting.
- It is possible to set everything via the in-game commands but, for best results: edit both News Message and config file in the text editor, for the ease of use of all the available formatting tags.
(click to enlarge)
As any module of NidToolbox set, it requires nid-core version 1.0.3+ module, available in the main forum thread: here
How to install:
- Unpack .zip archive
- Copy nid-news.dll to Mods\NidToolbox\Modules
Config files are located at:
- Configs\Mods\NidToolbox\ServerNews.json - contains module settings.
- Configs\Mods\NidToolbox\NewsMessage.txt - contains news message.
ShowOnLogin - when true, Server News are displayed when player logs in. Default value - false.
WindowTitle - allows setting title for the window, accepts all kinds of formatting.
DisplayDelay - when ShowOnLogin is set to true, news will be displayed after the delay timer has elapsed. Default value: 1 - Instant.
IMPORTANT: Delay timer starts when the log in request is handed to the server NOT when the player appears in the world, so account additional 6-10 seconds for the word load.
<br> <i><size=38><color=green>16-May</i></color></size><size=38><color=orange> <i>8:55</i></color><color=#ffffcc> <i><u>General Server Update</u></size></color></i> <b>*</b> This is an <color=yellow>example changelog</color> note for your server; <b>*</b> This message is best edited <color=yellow><i>directly from the file</i></color>. <b>*</b> Added <i>Beautification</i> Mod; <b>*</b> Removed <color=green>outstanding rubble</color>; <i><size=38><color=green>7-May</i></color></size><size=38><color=orange> <i>8:55</i></color><color=#ffffcc> <i><u>Fresh Start</u></size></color></i> <b>*</b> Server has been wiped. Welcome to the new Adventure!
Displays information about all commands contained within this module.
Displays current server news.
Set Server News window title.
/news-titleset string title
Reload Server News message and settings from config files.
Enable or Disable on Login News window popup.
/news-onlogin bool trueFalse
Set News on Login display delay.
/news-delay int seconds