Transform to dll

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.
  • Why do you want to do that? Easier installation?
    Then other modders can't read your .cs files and learn from them. ;)

@Lara I think there are already good reasons to create them as DLLs. As your Mod becomes more complex over time it will usally consist of a lot of different files. If Users are upgrading from one to another version often the files don't get replaced as they should and the server crashes. With a .dll you usually only have to replace one specific file, wich is far more easy ;)

I publish the git repositories for all my mods publicly on Github (https://github.com/Kronnox), so that others can learn from them, or even make specific adjustments for the use on their own server. In my opinion, this is the best way for everyone.

PS: As long as it's not prohibitted (for example ECO itself forbades it on their own game files !) you are free to decompile the .dll file with a decompiler like ILSpy and view the source almost like reading it from the .cs files :p

Hi,
    I want to transform a home made mod (bunch of files) to a unique dll file.
    Do you have any tutorial to help me with that ?
    Thanks ;)

@Twelve How exactly do you write your mod? I use VisualStudio myself, in which I only have to right-click on the ClassLibrary and press build ;)

• Yeah it's totally what I'm thinking Kronox !
    I don't have any problem for sharing some codes/mods it's just for the server integration. As Kronox said, when you have a lot of mod (not in dll form) it takes a while to set up a new server from scratch and copy paste all the modded files.
    The dll file will help with that.

So basically I create cs files with notepad on Windows and MonoDevelop on Mac. Do you know a lighter solution than using VS ? Or a Mac alternative ? I'm not sure if I can create the dll with Unity.

• @Twelve yeah, as far as I know there are ways to compile DLLs without VS on windows.
    Pretty sure Mono also has some kind of a c# compiler... It may be the easier approach for you since it may be already installed on your system.

Just look it up on google. You should get plenty of results.

• Thanks a lot for your answer ! (and for all your mod, specially the last Asphalt-ModKit, just amazing :D )
    I will check it today but yeah maybe with Mono it will work.
    I will post the answer here, which solution I've found, during the weekend ;)
    Thanks again for your help and keep coding !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!