Lara’s World Generator Mod

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.
  • Lara submitted a new resource:

[plain]Lara’s World Generator Mod[/plain] - [plain]Modified WorldGenerator.eco and EcoSim.eco.[/plain]

Read more about this resource...

• Yes, thats on purpose, I wanted to show that this is possible and I hate cedar trees look, sry. :)
    You can rather easy change the cedar tree values in the Ecosim.eco back to default, with Winmerge or a similar tool (I linked that in the readme).

You may also want to change MaturityAgeDays from 4.0 to 1.0 = 24 h maturity time.

• You best start from the original WorldGenerator.eco (don’t use my modded version).

C#
    "$id": "4",
            "$type": "SharpNoise.Modules.Perlin, SharpNoise",
            "Frequency": 3.0,
            "Lacunarity": 2.5,
            "OctaveCount": 6,
            "Persistence": 0.5,
            "Quality": "Fast",
            "Seed": 0

Afaik, Perlin is the fractal thats used to generate the base shape of the terrain, I think the most important value here for the continent size is the Frequency, smaller value creates large continents.
    Better not change persistence and be careful with values <=1 (results may be strange/unexpected).

After the Perlin part is finished there are plateaus added on top of it, here you can additionally modify the RadiusRange (diameter of plateaus) and SlopeRange (height of plateaus).

And for testing best use a small 72x72 world size, it generates a lot faster.

• You best start from the original WorldGenerator.eco (don’t use my modded version).

After the Perlin part is finished there are plateaus added on top of it, here you can additionally modify the RadiusRange (diameter of plateaus) and SlopeRange (height of plateaus).

And for testing best use a small 72x72 world size, it generates a lot faster.

Thx! Another newbie question - how make coal vein rare(more 20 block avay from other) and contain middle quantity of coal(10-20 blocks)?
    All my trying are failed, coal generation bugged? :(

• Stone, Copper, Gold, Iron and Coal spawns, a try to demystify.

The "WorldGenerator.eco" is divided into Surface Stone (starting at line 99) and Underground Stone (starting at line 228), for both areas Copper, Iron, Gold and Coal are individually defined.

Gold, Iron, Coal and Copper in the area Surface are subpoints of Stone at the Surface, so you can change the values of Stone at the Surface (id 10) to reduce or increase all subpoints simultaneously, including the amount of stones at the surface.

e.g. Coal in the range Surface "$id": "11", (id 11) line 121-141

You can have a look at the structure in the server ui, you can also change the values directly there, but I get along with the .eco files much better.

So basically there are two areas of stone, where Noise layers of Ore and Coal are spawned upon, later spawned layers maybe partly overwrite previous layers.

HeightRange,
    is the height range in the world where the spawn takes place, values -1.0 to 1.0 (where 0 is sea level)

DepthRange,
    is the height of the spawn, values 0.0 to 1.0 (min should usually be 0.0, because the spawn start point is 0.0)

NoiseFrequency,
    the scatter/distribution of the blocks, clumping at low values, more even distribution at higher values, designated values 15.0 to 40.0 (tested values 1.0 to 10000.0)

NoiseRange,
    is the distance of the spawns, higher values lead to less spawns, values 0.0 to 1.0

I assume that 1.0 is mostly synonymous with 100%, when changing the world size/height/sea level the spawns should all adjust automatically.

To play around with the values I recomment to use Surface Stone (id 10), so you see changes in the world easily.
    Or set the Surface Stone to a very high ammount and then play with the Surface Coal (id 11) settings, to see what exactly it does.
    In rivers you can see easily what it does underground, best disable Underwater Distortion in your Eco clients in Advanced Settings.

And no, I don't think it's very bugged, but very random.
    If you want things less random, have very little difference between min and max values.
    e.g. "NoiseRange": { "min": 0.5, "max": 0.6 },
    Problem here, 1.0 is likely 100%, but 100% of what exactly I don't know, can't be 100% of the map, maybe 100% of 100 blocks or 100% of the worlds overall blocks height? Even 100% of 72, 40, 60 or 80 blocks would make sense in some context.

For your desired change you only need to modify NoiseRange and NoiseFrequency (higher values) from the above.

• Yep, thx, but coal still different generation for me, unlike other ores :(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!