Updated Modding tutorial?

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.
  • I have knowledge of C#, and am very interested in making a few mods for this game as my friends and I want to see whats possible in the current state of the game.

With that being said all the reference material from the github is between 1-2 years old. This makes me believe that these are out of date. Please let me know if they still apply to the V0.9 version of the game.

Alongside the EcoModKit package for unity, I notice in other mod references like this one that there are namespaces and packages that I can't access as they're missing from the modkit. Is there something I'm missing?

One of the mods we wanted to try out is editing current in-game recipes as a mod. Which I can only assume uses the Eco.Gameplay.Items package.

Please help me understand the modding for this game in its current state as I'm very interested. If it makes a difference, we're hosting the server files our selves on a windows box. Not using a hosting provider.

• These are an example of what I am looking for. I do not know what classes are contained inside these packages nor their functions/methods to use in order to create a working mod.

I hope this is a little more clear.

• Update: Myself and a friend found a DLL dumping tool from one of the mod makers here and dumped the server files. It works on v9 and now I have all the packages and the classes/code needed to decide what needs to be called to make changes to files or add our own mods.

After dumping the server files we used JetBrain's free dotPeek to decompile the DLL files to view code.

What we used:
    https://pradoxzon.squarespace.com/eco-mods/dumpdlls/
    https://www.jetbrains.com/decompiler/

• Decompiling the Eco dlls is against their tos:

2. Intellectual Property Rights and Ownership.

A. Reservation of Rights:

You have purchased a limited license to the Software and your rights are limited to the license grant above and subject to this License. You may not otherwise copy, display, distribute, perform, publish, modify, or use the Software or any component of it. You are prohibited from making a copy of the Software available on a network where it could be used or downloaded by multiple users. Except as expressly licensed to you herein, SLG and its licensors, as applicable, owns and reserves all right, title and interest in the Software, and all related data, characters, themes, objects, storyline, images, photographs, graphics, animations, video, music, text, and the associated copyrights, trademarks, moral rights and other intellectual property rights therein. This License is limited to the intellectual property rights of SLG and its licensors in the Software and does not include any rights to other patents or intellectual property. Except to the extent permitted under applicable law, you may not decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivative works of the Software by any means whatsoever. You may not remove, alter, or obscure any product identification, copyright, or other intellectual property notices in the Software. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to SLG.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Indeed, i need to request you to no longer use any decompiled code and refrain from decompiling our intellectual property in the future - we do offer access to the code for Dev-Tier owners.
    As we already give you an option to get the source code (and do support established modders with it for free on several occasions as well), it would be great if our rights were respected.

I know that some countries allow decompiling by law so it's not necessarily a crime (mine for example), but while it's not a crime, it's still a violation of our ToS.
    We won't take any further action this time, but in case there is evidence you didn't cease this behaviour, your Eco Account can be terminated.

• Dennis 18. September 2020 um 12:01

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!