Bug? Maybe - Rainforest died 1 day

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.
  • My son and I play on our own server. Downloaded and setup new server yesterday (September 10 2020). We log on today to play, about 80% of all rain forests are dead. The grassland areas have about 10 - 20% death of all plants. Only thing we changed on server was the size, whitelisting ourselves as admins, meteor set to 999 days and skill level rate increase. Everything else is default. Is this expected? There is zero pollution, heck, I'm still just on wood no stone yet.

I am going to back up and save the server and create a new one. I can provide more details if needed, I'm not sure what should be provided.

PS. Played on 8.0 for about 100 days straight (we set meteor to 999). We had zero issues of plant death on that server, with the exception of pollution as expected though.

• 2nd server, about the same. Except this time it's the grassland. Not sure why its happening on private servers but not on the public test servers, at least the I logged into for a few minutes.

• Having the same issue, see post in General discussion. @Kyle, this isnt the issue, i literally deleted EVERY plant in the game and it is still showing as very overcrowded.

I went in and i changed the Max Death Rate of all plants from .005 to .0025, All of the plants died in 48 hours vice 24, So i set it to .00125 and all plants died at 96 hour mark, I then set the Max death rate to .0000000001, and the plants then became absolutely immortal. I added 900000000000000000000000000000 PPM air and ground pollution and let the world spin for a bit, and my plants were still VERY overcrowded, but not dying......

So the option seems to be absolutely immortal plants, or doing some math to figure out when you want all of your plants to die.....

• 9.0.3 released today which addresses this. Change notes from Discord below:

Not sure exactly what changes have been implemented, but if you update your servers then there should be improvements now, and more to come soon.

• It does appear better. However, my jungles have had all the plants die before this took affect. Anyone know who to respawn them without starting over? I have admin access so that's not an issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!