Struggling with authorization/deed issue

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.
  • Hi there Eco community, I am new. I am really enjoying the game and I think it's fantastic.

I don't think I've ever posted in a forum in my life, but I made some queries both through google and by directly searching this forum and I was unable to find an answer to my question so here I am.

I have a private server set up with three of us playing quite a bit. We are on version 0.8.3.3 beta.

We're mostly able to solve or work around issues we come across in the game. The one issue we can't figure out is how to get around authorization of certain property and how to make things "communal" for our server situation.

Basically, each time someone packs up a wooden cart it switches ownership over to them and removes all authorizations previously set up, such that we are continually having to re-authorize in order to use communal carts.

For example, say I craft a wooden cart. If I then pack it up into my inventory I automatically take ownership, and if I place it somewhere my friends cannot use it nor pack it up as I own the deed and I have not allowed consumer access.

Now, I can allow them access to the cart and I can allow them access to the deed for the cart (two separate authorizations). This is fine, however if they then pack the cart up to their inventory it automatically switches the deed over from me to them. This to me seems like a bug, as I never gave up ownership, I merely authorized them access to the deed.

The issue being, of course, that when they are finished with the cart and place it back down, now I can't use the cart and we're back to where we started.

I have tried different combinations of deleting/authorizing the deed and authorizing the consumer features, but no matter what I try it fails as soon as someone packs the cart up into their inventory.

The solution is probably easy and stupid I just haven't managed to figure it out! Or perhaps it is something planned to be improved for the next release.

Thank you in advance,

James

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hey,

vehicles don't save their authorisation currently, hence there is no workaround at this moment.

A lot of stuff has been changed to save contents, but vehicles will not have that done for 9.0 at least, but likely later on.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!