Multiple issues with my first Mod

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.
  • Hello,
    I tried to get my first mod running but encountered several problems to make it work properly.
    1. The WorldObject is floating although I set the shader to Courved.

2. Minimap Icon is super Large

3. The set object scale in transform will only applied to the ghosted object. As soon as I place it, it goes back to its original size.
    Here a picture of the object ghost. When it gets placed it looks like in the first Picture. It gets 33% larger.

I would realy appreciate some help since I work to get this running for hours already.
    Desperation is creeping in :cry:

• Hi there! !

first question, did you make your model in blender?

Secondly, the icons are really big when they are normal images, changing it to a sprite should fix this

Make all transformations (scale etc) in your model making software then import into unity

• Hey there!

I was able to fix the most of the issues by myself.
    Such simple thinks as the herachy in unity should not be underestimated ;)
    I made the mistake that the object child had the world object component loaded. It seems that it HAS TO be the parent.
    In that regard I was able to fix the scale issue and the floating. (the modified Y coord. and the scale value set in unity got transfered into the game)

I set the icon to sprite in unity. Sadly that doesnt help me.
    The icon in the Inventory is fine but just not on the map.

The model is btw downloaded from a 3D model providing website. some of them are free.

• haha that is true, yes the parent must always be a world object, even if you want to group up your objects for better organisation the parent will still need to be a worldobject even if its not an object itself,

as for the sprite, the size of the sprite still matters, so try setting the image to around 32px x 32px and see what effects it has for you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!