Feedback & suggestions

Due to human (non-bot) spam the first contribution of a user has to be reviewed and activated manually, all further contributions do not require this.
As long as a user does not have at least one reviewed and activated contribution, the user is unable to edit his profile, set a avatar, title picture or a signature.
  • Hi!

I spent many hours in eco now and have some suggestions to improve the experience:

Stockpile:
    - Make it possible to define an input and output stockpile for production. Alternative: Define input filters for stockpiles
    - A search function for items would be nice
    - Endgame: Conveyor belts to connect stockpiles/machines which are out of range

Contracts & laws:
    The current system is very confusing and nobody on my server was able to define simple laws like no harvesting trees in a certain area. The tool looks very mighty, but is not easy to use. Maybe you should use better terms and some examples.

Digging:
    - With the iron shovel you should be able to carry more than 1 dirt/clay/... You can carry 20 dirt at once when you take it out of the stockpile, but while harvesting you can only carry one. Digging for clay takes too much time compared to mining.
    - It takes also too much time to dig one block deep for building streets with the current system.

Coordinates:
    The current format is a bit confusing. Standard format is X,Y,Z and not X,Z,Y. The Z coordinate should also be 0 at sealevel. This would be more intuitive.

Building:
    It would be helpful to be able to build floors, roofs, walls, streets by choosing the size. E.g. 10x10, 5x3

Mining:
    Most things are already on the roadmap.
    I would add the option for a transportation lore for midgame. This would require something like a road element with rails.

Roads:
    - Building in a 45 degree angle looks weird. Maybe you could add some elements to smooth the block pattern

Transport:
    - We miss something like a horse drawn carriage for mid game

Automatation:
    - On low populated servers some more automatation would be nice. Maybe a horse drawn carriage could travel along a predefined path (only on roads) and transport goods from A to B

Endgame:
    - No one on my server liked the idea that the game officially is over after 30 days. You put so many hours in building and grinding. We know it is possible to continue to play after the 30 days. But maybe it would be a good idea to add more longterm endgame goals. I'm sure there will be servers running for years without any reset. There should be more than the current main goal to shoot down the asteroid in 30 days.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Sunshadow (1. Februar 2020 um 10:28)

• Offizieller Beitrag

- Make it possible to define an input and output stockpile for production. Alternative: Define input filters for stockpiles
    - A search function for items would be nice
    - Endgame: Conveyor belts to connect stockpiles/machines which are out of range

You can already do that by having the output stockpile be the first one in the stockpile order and the input stockpile where you put stuff in the second in the order. A search function is part of 9.0 afaik. Conveyor Belts are part of thoughts for automation we have, but automation itself is not necessarily planned before end of EA.

The current system is very confusing and nobody on my server was able to define simple laws like no harvesting trees in a certain area. The tool looks very mighty, but is not easy to use. Maybe you should use better terms and some examples.

This should change with the reworked system in 9.0. It still will work similar to a scripting language and that is totally intended.

- With the iron shovel you should be able to carry more than 1 dirt/clay/... You can carry 20 dirt at once when you take it out of the stockpile, but while harvesting you can only carry one. Digging for clay takes too much time compared to mining.
    - It takes also too much time to dig one block deep for building streets with the current system.

This is intended. We do have some better area of effect tools in 9.0, though. The speed of the animation could indeed go a bit faster, i noted that.

The current format is a bit confusing. Standard format is X,Y,Z and not X,Z,Y. The Z coordinate should also be 0 at sealevel. This would be more intuitive.

This is intended and - at least for me - not unintuitive. It's the global coordinate standard in IT. We don't plan to change this.

It would be helpful to be able to build floors, roofs, walls, streets by choosing the size. E.g. 10x10, 5x3

The better tools in 9.0 allow to build several blocks at once in different shapes.

I would add the option for a transportation lore for midgame. This would require something like a road element with rails.

Thinking about that.

- Building in a 45 degree angle looks weird. Maybe you could add some elements to smooth the block pattern

Nothing planned for that atm. Technically it's recommended to not build such angles simply due to how claiming works. I know that's dull for some, so maybe we'll come up with something in the future.

- We miss something like a horse drawn carriage for mid game

Is an option for when animal husbandry comes to the game.

- On low populated servers some more automatation would be nice. Maybe a horse drawn carriage could travel along a predefined path (only on roads) and transport goods from A to B

Automation is something we might introduce near the end of EA. For now we have the opposite goal and making the game more focused on actual work by the players, cutting back a bit in the automation we already have.

- No one on my server liked the idea that the game officially is over after 30 days. You put so many hours in building and grinding. We know it is possible to continue to play after the 30 days. But maybe it would be a good idea to add more longterm endgame goals. I'm sure there will be servers running for years without any reset. There should be more than the current main goal to shoot down the asteroid in 30 days.

Eco, just like minecraft, has no definitive goal. There is no "officially over", it just depends on your players and creativity. Of course we're aware there is not much to do for most players without creative ambitions, but that's normal in Early Access.

• Ohhhh, maybe Post-Release, Spacefare could be introduced.
    Could be used for a new end game scenario to land on the moon.

Or even a goal to unlock a new planet, maybe with greater resources after the asteroid is destroyed.
    Or being an alternative to shooting meteor is to flee the planet, those lucky enough to get a shuttle ride keep their skills on next server after meteor hits.

• Thank you for the answers! I'm looking forward to see the new stuff. We already had tons of fun with the game in its current state.

Maybe also a little feedback why we like this game so much. We are players between 30-40 years old and mostly don't have time to play together during the week. But your system makes it possible to play "asynchron" cooperative. We make plans what to do next and everybody can do his anytime without the others. Most games don't offer this gameplay experience. So keep up the good work!

• Hi After a intense week of playing I only got a few things that could be improved.

1. Trucks/carts fall through the ground or are upside down.
    - Tractor fell through the ground, might happened because below the tractor there was a mine
    - Carts seem to be being tipped over. I only saw it happens to others until today. After relog cart was upside down

2. Optimilization
    - After some time it seems to drop frame rates and game gets clunky.
    - Rendering will not happen - result is truck in the water :)
    - Some water seems to lose its graphics (random)

I was thinking about more before i went to bed .. seems to got lost ...

Anyway, this game... is so far the best for me.

• Also, I have to close and open again the chat because I can write only once at a time. After I wrote something and sent it, I can't write again, clicking on the tab where we write won't do anything, so the only option is to close the chat and reopen.
    Trees are now way too bouncy when they are cut down. You can actually see them fly away most of the times.
    Obviously, like it has been already said, the carts end up being tossed over without even touching them, sometimes you log in the game and they end up being on the roof of your building without any reason.
    I haven't played in half a year, so these are the things that I see have changed (for worse) when I updated the game and I started playing again since last month.

• I was really surprised when I saw that you can put a negative value to buy/sell items in the store. I thought it was really cool, and immediately thought about tailings. The idea was, a person can pay others to take tailings off their hands by putting it in their sell list with a negative price, and other players can offer to handle said tailings by putting them in their buy list, again at a negative price, wherein they would be paying them to handle the disposal. Unfortunately, it does not work the way I expected it to. My friend tried to buy tailings from my store, with the price set as negative 25, having none of my credits at the time. Instead of allocating credits to him for the sale, the "no credits"/"not enough credits" message came up.

Do you guys think this is something you would likely include, or at least fix into something usable?

I will do some more testing with it, but for the meantime it looks like it isn't going to work like I had hoped it would... :cry:

• Allow us to use pulp and plant fibers on the fireplace.

I don't like that I have to mod the config files something that should already be included in the game since you put stick and leaves on campfires in real life. Not coal and arrows.

Also remove the ability to eat seeds. Since it does absolutely nothing for you, make it impossible to eat them. This will prevent you from accidentally eating them (Which happened when a friend accidentally ate the 5 huckleberries seeds now we are still trying to get 5 again to get the cooking book) And with that being said, I think seed drop chance should be doubled minimum when harvesting anything.

On the skill selection, "Slightly increase speed in low activity area" "Slightly increase speed in high activity area" Why not explain what kind of activity? Players, other Animals, production? More description would be better.

On specialties display, add option for "Hide maxed specialties" so i can have all progressing ones still displayed

I think growing conditions are ridiculous. I have had many areas of plants that I harvest randomly turn grey when I revisit. I assume since the plant spawned in that area it would have adequate soil conditions and water etc but they die off. Gets very frustrating.

Wheelbarrel holds stack of 10 dirt, stockpile only holds 5. Change stockpile to 10 or even 20 to be like stone and logs etc.

9 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Nuke (26. Juni 2020 um 22:37)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!